**THIS CLASS IS NOW SOLD OUT! THE NEXT GROUP CLASSES WILL RUN IN SPRING 2018**
Our semi-private group class called Beyond Sit: Obedience Around Distraction has been one of our most popular classes since we started Faithfully Yours Dog Training. We believe it is because it covers what owners are most interested in: a pet dog that can behave in public settings.
This group class covers loose leash walking around distractions like crowds and other dogs, meeting other dogs and strangers politely, and reliable recalls. If you have an over-the-top friendly dog that just wants to say hello to everything with the grace of a bull in a china shop, this is the class for you!
Students will be able to opt to take their AKC Canine Good Citizenship and/or AKC Puppy S.T.A.R. test on the last day of the course if eligible.
This program is six 1-hour classes for $200. Payment is due the Monday before class begins. Class is held at Lakeshore Park in Brandon, MS for six 1-hr classes. Class begins September 9th and will be held at 1pm every Saturday thereafter. (Due to Canine Adventure Camp, the weekend of Sept 16th will be skipped.) There is one free pre-scheduled make-up class at the end of the series. There are no refunds or partial refunds for missed classes on part of the student.
The class being held outside and will be rescheduled if there is inclement weather. In the event of a weather cancellation, all students will be notified via text message, email, or phone call as soon as we know. We will put up the next week and add a class onto the end at the same time as usual.
If you don’t see a time that works for you, keep checking back. We run these classes through the spring to fall.
- Class 1: Learning to focus, impulse control exercises, like Leave It & Drop It, and learning Go To Mat
- Class 2: Learning to stay on mat & loose leash walking exercises
- Class 3: Continuing loose leash walking exercises & how to handle the public with a dog
- Class 4: Learning to come when called and advanced Leave It, Drop It, and Stay exercises
- Class 5: How to handle introductions with strangers and other dogs
- Class 6: Training games to practice all skills taught and graduation photos
- Class 7: Make-up class (students' choice)
- Your dog should have a vague idea of how to sit and focus when their name is called.
- It is preferred the owners have some basic understanding of clicker training.
- You and your dog must be friendly and sociable with humans and animals alike.
- Your dog should be up-to-date on all vaccines recommended by your vet.
- No puppies that haven’t completed all sets of puppy vaccines.
- Owners should be comfortable coming to class without a prong collar, choke chain/lead, e-collar/shock collar, or training collar.
- Owners should have to ability to arrive on time, follow instructions, and a desire to learn positive training techniques to build a bond with their dog.